Scheduled for October 24, 2012, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, CDT. Listen live via the Smart + Connected Communities Institute.
The session will discuss the need for the development of Gigabit City global educational programs.
- University program in Smart Cities to prepare students for all facets of Gigabit City leadership including, smart urban planning, green cities, broadband economies, connected and instrumented cities, intelligent applications (energy, transport etc) and innovative business models for funding smart cities
- University level computer science and engineering program in smart urban environments which reviews city ICT technologies such as mesh cities, embedded systems, mobile techs, real time intelligence, future internet, smart grids and urban operating systems.
- An executive certificate program, for Gigabit City leaders and professionals, which incorporates the best aspects of smart planning, including ICT technological planning. Efforts to date will be discussed and recommendations considered for a plan of action, including cross-university global course implementation, research collaboration and sponsorship by technology providers. The need for programs at the Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. level will also be discussed.
Special guests for this session will include:
- Dr. Sotiris Zygiaris – Smart City professor and researcher,
- Heidy van Beurden – Initiator Smart Cities in Europe.